WAYS TO MAKE SNOW DAYS BETTER FOR VIPs:
The snow is super pretty, but can be troublesome for our lovely VIPs (over 60s). Here are a few things you can think about during this chilly weather…
- If you can’t reach your VIP because of the snow, why not give them a call to have a chat instead?
- If you’re visiting a VIP this week, could you call them before the visit to see if they need any basic supplies (milk, bread, tea bags etc)?
- Before you say goodbye, why not check that your VIP has everything they need to stay warm at close hand (blankets, gloves etc)?
- If a VIP has to stay inside during the snow it can get quite boring, why not take a DVD or CD round that you think they might enjoy?
- Can you find ways to make the snowy experience positive for your VIP? For example reminiscing about fun snow days as a child.
AND DON’T FORGET TO CONSIDER YOUR OWN SAFETY:
- If a VIP hasn’t been out of the house, it’s likely their path won’t be salted – so watch out for slippery surfaces.
- Check the weather forecast before a visit to make sure that you will be able to get home safely.
- Only drive if it is absolutely safe to do so, never put yourself at risk.
If you have any questions about visiting your VIP, please contact Heather (07795297867) or Andrew (07789722780).